10 REASONS TO WORK WITH AN INTERIOR DESIGNER
Decorating looks easy – until you try it yourself. Your little “weekend project” stretches on for months. You realize you can’t return that sofa that looked so perfect in the store. Before long, you and your spouse are no longer on speaking terms. Here’s what an interior designer offers:
1) The ability to solve problems. Whether you’re plagued by a lack of storage, a featureless room or poor traffic flow, an interior designer is an expert in understanding color, scale, light and space – concepts that can be hard for even the most talented amateur to get right.
Credit: Designed by Jesse Turek
2) The expertise to prevent costly mistakes. Most people decorate only once or twice in a lifetime. There are lots of things that are hard to know unless you’ve encountered them dozens of times before.
Photo Source: French by Design Blog
3) Access to a much wider range of resources. There’s a world of fabric and furnishing designs available just “to the trade”. Not only do we have access, but we will instantly know who specializes in what you are looking for – thus saving valuable time.
Photo taken by Jason Denton from HGTV Website
4) A Rolodex worth millions. Any design is only as good as its execution, and we know the best workrooms, carpenters and painters, so we have the connections – and the influence – to make sure the job will be top-notch.
Image Source: Creative Woodies
5) Guidance through the decision making process. Perhaps the toughest aspect of decorating is selecting from the multitude of choices available. We know our sources well enough to edit down the options and offer seasoned advice to steer you through the process.
Image Source: MisterDesign.be
6) Better quality and longer lasting style. We won’t succumb to trends that you will tire of in no time but will create a timeless look you’ll enjoy living with for years. Instead of relying on solely off-the-rack items, we will also add custom details and paint finishes that will make your house an individual masterpiece.
Image Source: Republic of Fritz Hansen
7) Help with setting priorities. We will give you advice on how best to spend your money now – and plan for future phases of the decorating process. If you’re on a budget (and who isn’t?), you need us to help allocate your dollars to get the biggest bang for your buck.
Image Source: Bloglovin'
8) Arbitration with your significant other. Sometimes the role of the designer is more marriage counselor than designer, but it’s an expected part of the process. If there is a disagreement about an approach, we can be the third party without vested interest.
Image Source: weheartit.com
9) The power to advocate with trades people, showrooms and manufactures. We set a high standard, and because we work with these resources regularly, we have more leverage to get things repaired or replaced. Long standing business relationships help resolves disputes in a professional manner.
Image Source: Dodds & Shute
10) The power to get the job done! How often have you given up halfway through a project or neglected those last few niggling details? It’s our job to follow through on every aspect of the decorating process and make sure that all the elements have been completed to your satisfaction.
Image Source: Pinterest by i.pinimg.com
“Wishing you all the best, and love!
Dream, work hard and keep going…” RG
#reasonstoworkwithaninteriordesigner #loftdesigns #dramaticbathroomtiles #comtemporaryspaces #creativeideasforfurniture #worldwallpaper #amazingkitchens #danishdesigns #eggchairinblue #blackspaces #casualsleeping #longsofas #velvetsofas